- Business Plans go to Granary Office in Harrogate for initial review
- The Granary Core Team will meet to discuss submitted Plans weekly or two-weekly
- Core team filters and sets up informal meetings with selected Management teams to discuss Business Plan in-depth, ways of working
together, ways of investing
- For those opportunities where we decide to proceed a briefing paper is circulated to Granary Members
A typical Granary
- EIS-qualifying (30% tax reliefs going in, no CGT on gains on exit)
- A Granary team member will join the investee-co Board
- Equity stake - but possibly some scope for mezzanine funding
- Potential exit in 3-5 years
- Minimum investment £20,000 per associate, per investment (but flexibility dependent on deal-size).
- Granary will charge an annual membership fee to every associate.
Granary’s team will invest (typically
£50,000 - £250,000 per investment*) and work with the management team to help them achieve the potential of the business.
(*Granary has great connections across the financial sector and there may be
scope above £250,000)
Funding for food businesses from food people